Energy efficiency and heat loss reduction are key considerations in the design of every new building. We offer an extensive range of thermal insulation products for every application.
As thermal insulation requirements continue to grow, the industry is under increasing pressure to meet these requirements and the ever more stringent u-values demanded by them. Coupled with this is the common desire amongst developers to make optimum use of the site to provide maximum accommodation at minimum footprint dimensions, leading to the increased use of the roofspace for so-called 'room in the roof' applications.
Hemp fibres are produced from hemp straw of the hemp plant and during its rapid growth the plant absorbs CO2 at a much faster rate than, for example, a tree. This makes hemp not only completely renewable but also helps to reduce atmospheric CO2 levels as it grows.
- Can be used for roofs, walls and ceilings
- Cut to shape with a sharp blade
- No irritating fibres
- Preferably used in conjunction with a vapour permeable membrane
- Good thermal insulation properties
- Obtained from a renewable resource
- Helps to reduce free condensation water by absorbing and releasing moisture
- Easy and safe to install with no irritating fibres
- Easily recyclable
Normal stock: batts 1.2m x 0.575m, 100mm thick
Also available in rolls and other thicknesses on request
- k value 0.040 W/m.K
- Water absorption at 100%RH 40%
- Resistant to insects
- Fire rating: Class E according to EN 13501-1
- Good sound absorbing properties
- Thermally bonded to maintain stability
- Zero GWP